Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Daughter Of The Devil Is A Friend Of Mine

I was shocked to discover when this blog celebrated its anniversary that there were only (4) tags for Miss Shelley Winters. Whatever was I thinking?

This here movie, The Devil's Daughter, is one of my favorites with Miss Shelley Winters.


It's a made-for-TV affair, and is sort-of a sequel to Rosemary's Baby. In addition to our two-time Academy Award winning friend, it features such luminaries as Abe Vigoda, Jonathan Frid (from Dark Shadows), Joseph Cotton, and three-time Academy Award nominee Dianne Ladd.

Amber's scariest part was imagining that the Poole Sisters turned into cats.

My favorite part? Realizing that the man who wrote the film, Sir Colin Higgins, also wrote 9 to 5 and Harold & Maude.

Most folks know I don't like the horror movies. Stick in a Winters though, and I'm all over it.

Here's the preview - watch if you DARE!

4 comments:

Tinsel Shrimpfax said...

Nice Grateful Dead reference.

ALH said...

Wait, the Poole sisters DIDN'T turn into cats?

Anonymous said...

I heard she was an Oscar for this performance and donated it to the Anne Frank House Museum. True?

CRD said...

True. Also, because she's Method, she spent a year in a Satanist Cult as research.

She really did train with an Olympic swimmer for months before Poseidon to get her final scene just right.

I say SHELLEY you say WINTERS!