Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Stritch in Time

I love 30 Rock and would never deny it, even if the cock crowed three times before midnight.

There's a lot to like about this program, but probably my favorite thing is when Elaine Stritch guest stars as Alec Baldwin's mother. I love Stritchy: I have all both of her albums, and I always light up when she's on screen. It's really probably her greatest role since the lesbian landlord in Who Killed Teddy Bear. Or maybe since Company.

This scene made me laugh so much that I shook the laptop and hulu reset. All you need for the set-up is to know that Baldwin accidentally hit his mom with his car, and then waited eight minutes before calling 911. Stritchy has just figured it out and is confronting him.



Pure genius.

3 comments:

Tinsel Shrimpfax said...

I love Exhibit C!

Anonymous said...

She is pure and total genius. Genius!!!

Monkey Sam said...

I love all the eights!