Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy Birth-Faye!


Today we celebrate the birthday of Miss Faye Dunaway.

I like Miss D very much, though I find her perplexing as all get out. She's great in Bonnie & Clyde, The Thomas Crown Affair, and even that over-rated Network. And then she's so Over The Top Camp in Mommie Dearest and Supergirl (costarring the fabulous Brenda Vaccaro). She was nominated for three Academy Awards (one win), and ten Golden Globes. After the 70s though, she started working less and less in the movies, or at least in the good ones (sorry, Dunston Checks In!), and more on her face.

She dated everyone from Lenny Bruce to Marcello Mastroianni to Peter Wolf from J. Geils Band to Lord knows who else. And her seductive chess game with Steve McQueen in Thomas Crown is as goofily-flirty as anything I've ever seen.

Most recently I saw her in Alias - she had a recurring spooky Over the Top role in keeping with the current taut-ness of her kisser.

These buddies did a fancypants remix of Mommie Dearest, which I think is pretty fun (if overly long and repetitive - just like the movie itself!)



Happy Birthday, Faye!

2 comments:

Tinsel Shrimpfax said...

Jeepers, she looks like Jocelyn Wildenstein in that picture.

Andrew said...

So, I saw her in the past couple of weeks on Grey's Anatomy (I admit, I watch Grey's Anatomy). BUT! Even more importantly, now that I'm in HOLLYWOOD about half my time I get to see Faye AT MY GYM! She works out wearing little plastic gloves, like the ladies in the lunchroom. I'm not sure what that's about. But she does lift real weights. And she looks like Jocelyn Wildenstein.