Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Spring! Break! Down!

So last night at Awesome Club, after watching an excellent Murder, She Wrote, Amber and Nick and I watched Spring Breakdown.

It's a straight-to-DVD release starring Rachel Dratch (who also co-wrote!), Amy Poehler, and Parker Posey. There's a plot that you kinda have to pay attention to every now and again, about three loser girlfriends who have to go to Spring Break on a mission, but whatever.

It was no Sorority Boys, another movie about three ugly ducklings making their way in the world today, but it wasn't so bad.

My favorite part came during the opening credits, when our three heroines dressed as their idols Lisa Loeb, Stevie Nicks, and Chynna Phillips to do (yet another) Cyndi Lauper cover. I mean, how often do you see someone dressed as Chynna Phillips anymore?*


The crowd boos them, but just like Anne Sexton, I choose to celebrate friends whose work has come to triumph. A for Effort, ladies!

*Besides Elaine Stritch, who apparently wears short shorts and sweater vests ALL the time...



2 comments:

ALH said...

I had an AWESOME time watching this movie.

Unknown said...

wait a minute! did I tell you about this movie? I watched it two weeks ago and was dying to tell you to cue it up for awesome club.