Monday, July 20, 2009

Odds, Ends

These are a few of my favorite things that I have found on the internet lately.

I'm totally over all the Michael Jackson Hullaballoo. However, I do wish someone explored the story of this attendee at el Funeral Mas Spectaculo. Really? Mickey Rooney?*

Then I saw this beautiful piece of Art celebrating Michael and felt even more over it all.

Then I noticed that this artist also did that British lady who sings. My favorite part is the British Kitty that is singing along.

Speaking of British Kitties, I was really excited to see this snap of Dame Angela Lansbury greeting Dr. Ruth. Either Dame Angie was on her way to a tranny bar or she was half-way into her make-up for Blithe Spirit.

Sarah sent me this of Dame Cloris waving in the San Francisco Pride Parade.

And finally, I liked this advert I stumbled across. I liked that I learned that Smallville is STILL on the air (really?), and that they have no shame in saying "No Experience Needed" when they're casting. Thanks, Internet! A pleasure, as always.

* The initial version of this post mis-identified MICKEY Rooney, loveable star of Pete's Dragon and Breakfast At Tiffany's, as ANDY Rooney, loveable curmudgeon of 60 Minutes. Oops.

1 comment:

ddb said...

Nah, Mickey Rooney makes total sense. They probably met through Liz Taylor.

You sure do a good job finding things on the Internet!