Sunday, July 5, 2009

Birthday Puss!

So yesterday was America's Birthday, but in my excitement over that I forgot to blog that it is someone even more special to me's birthday.

That's right, Zach!

He was born on July 4th, 2004. I remember exactly where I was that fateful day - in Harry's Diner on Route 9 in Westboro with my family, celebrating the 4th of July and my new job. Little did I know that somewhere in Ohio a little monkey was tumbling into the world to make my life a million times better.

Now, when I say I forgot to blog about his birthday yesterday morning, I don't mean I forgot to celebrate it. Before I left the house to do some erranding, I told Zach we'd have wet food for dinner in honor of his special day. He popped onto my shoulders and wouldn't let me leave.

Later at night I told him all the fireworks we could hear were for his birthday. He seemed nonplussed until a helicopter buzzed our building, at which point we both went under the new bed for a while.

Anyway, here's my favorite pic of me & the little guy. It's not so flattering of me, but I'll put it out on the cyberspace because I like it so much of the two of us. We were watching programs.

Happy Birthday, little beast! I heart you!

1 comment:

ALH said...

Happy Birthday, Zach! Maybe I'll give you some sensual rubs tonight to celebrate. Sensual!