Friday, April 24, 2009

Shirley, It's Your Birthday

Happy Birthday, Miss Shirley MacLaine! 75 years old!

It's no secret that three of my favorite things are named Shirley: Shirley MacLaine, Dame Shirley Bassey, and Two Time Academy Award Winner Shelley Winters (born Shirley Shrift, of course).

Amber once started a rumor that I did not like Shirley MacLaine, but I swiftly put a stop to that.

I got to meet her once too, which was a rather exciting day in my life.

Here she is with Leslie Caron, Little Edie Beale's favorite actress:


Here she is cutting a rug with Dino. Their banter reminds me of the Muppet Show dance scenes:


"Hey, put your feet where they belong." "If I did that, you wouldn't sit for a week."

And here she is with Miss Lucille Ball:


Ah, friendship. And red heads!

1 comment:

Tinsel Shrimpfax said...

There's only ONE Leslie Caron.