Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Wedding! California-Style

Looks like it's Wedding Week here at Internals Plural!

So yesterday I got home and sure was excited about what came in the mail. Was it that I received the Farrah Fawcett cover of Vanity Fair instead of the Michael Jackson one?


Yes, but there was something else too! The invitation to Dory's Wedding!


I'll be hopping on a plane to San Francisco the third week of October to bear witness to Dory and Dave tying their knots. Sarah will be my plus one, which makes this only the second wedding in the 21st century that I will not attend with Amber. The last time this happened I ate a bottom-feeder, threw up in Friendly's parking lot, and lost 15 lbs. Fingers crossed!

I first met Dory in 1997 when I replaced her as an assistant at the Book Barn. Over time our friendship blossomed, and we saw many movies together at the $3 theatre and ate a lot of Ollie's Chinese Food. Later, she moved to San Francisco and I visited her there quite a few times, sometimes just so I could watch Designing Women on her Cable TV. I haven't met this Dave fellow yet, but hopefully he's as nice as Dory says he is. If not, I will tell him so during the ceremony.

Once Dory and I took a road trip together through Tennessee. I think this was in 2001, but I'm not sure. I know it was before digital cameras were invented because I had to scan these in. It also may have been before camera timers were invented because we have no pictures of Dory and I together.

Here's me in front of the Country Music Hall of Fame:



Here's Dory at the entrance to Shelbyville, which everyone knows is the nemesis of Springfield.

Here's me in front of my favorite shop, Hatch Show Print.

I'm looking forward to my second wedding of the year, and I'm sure it'll be as lovely as the first one.

2 comments:

ALH said...

I hope my dad doesn't show up at the wedding and flirt with Dory and start a fight with Dave. That would be the worst.

What deadly sin is your blessing going to address? Can you re-use mine on Farming?

ddb said...

"...If not, I will tell him so during the ceremony."

Ooh, such potential for drama! My wedding's gonna rock!

@ ALH: Tell your dad that when I'm in town I go to the Newington Stop & Shop now that they've closed that one in New Britain. I'll wear my NYU sweatshirt, and he can bring me up to date on your accomplishments.