Thursday, August 20, 2009

Charleston Club! Now With Animated Violence Mild!


Phew! Now that I got the kitties and divas out of the way for the week, we can talk Charleston.

As always, I had a wicked mint time. The trip started with a three hour delay in Newark, but I had a new book with me which I enjoyed, and I passed the time by posting pictures of my surroundings on David's Facewall - mostly of boring things, like the ice cream I treated myself to while we were waiting to board.

But THEN I got to Charleston! And David picked me up from the airport and we had BEERS and went to his house. And who was there to welcome me? This little fella!


Old chums of David's will not be surprised to know he has lizards in his house.

One night we went to a bar with all of David's new chums, and among other things we taught his foreigner friend that the phrase "double-fisting" in the context of drinking was not in fact the frightful thing she thought it was.

Also, I got to play a video game where you shoot up deers. It was rated "Animated Violence Mild," which is just how I like my Animated Violence.

Some of the things we did were more outdoors, less indoors - but no less fun. Like how, in Charleston when you cross the street, you get to play Carry The Flag so the cars don't run you down.


On my last day we went to the beach - Scientist Style. This means getting there at 4pm after the most dangerous sunbeam rays have gone home for the day. That was mint too!


Charleston rocked. And I haven't even told you about the ALLIGATORS yet!

No comments: