Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Miss Representation

Personally, I think movies should be marketed to accurately represent what's in 'em. For example, if in 1968 you're going to advertise a Bette Davis film with this poster, she should be cutting up Debbie Reynolds or pushing flowerpots onto Agnes Moorehead - it should not be an English drawing room family drama about cross-dressing. I mean really, an eyepatch?

Similarly, this funny shot of Seth Rogan in underpants carrying James Franco in pajamas sure made me & Amber want to see Pineapple Express. Turns out it was a long and violent movie about a weird drug war, with a few funny scenes in it, most of them either we saw in the trailer or were in fact from an episode of 227 playing in the background.

Shame on you, Apatow.

The best part, really? The t-shirt James Franco wears with a cutie kitty-cat hiding in a shark mouth. Apparently there's a controversy about it, but really, I don't care. I just want that shirt.

No comments: