Wednesday, June 11, 2008

O Canada

Today I am off to the land of Maple Leaves & Butter Tarts. When I'm back, nobody knows - except American Airlines, who are expecting me on an afternoon flight on Monday.

Some of my favorite Canadian things, you ask?

Well, I've always loved Anne Murray. Her soothing Lite FM sounds have gotten me through many a long drive with only a rental car radio to amuse me. Bryan Adams? Natch. And Sir Leonard Cohen, of course.

And yet, from You Can't Do That On Television to post-teenage angst, Alanis Morissette has always been around. We're only a few months apart in age, so even though sometimes she's easy to make fun of & is certainly overwrought, I have a special fondness for her.

Anyway, she can take a goof, and here she is having some fun with that song about lovely lady lumps.

No comments: