Thursday, May 8, 2008

Chris & Vocal Talent

Did you, devoted Internals Plural reader, know that CRD has a rare and genuine vocal talent for providing fill in pop songs?

I learned this once when on a road trip with him. His friends, Dan & Kathy, were getting married. I had met Kathy once before when she played Business Cards with Kevin at Old Town, but had never met Dan until he hit the dance floor to show his true non-rhythmic colors. Now, they have a baby for whom CRD probably knit a football uniform.

Anyhow, on that trip, I learned that CRD is really good at fill. In fact, I think Kanye West might have taken a lesson from him with his "forever, forever" in the "Diamonds are Forever" song. Only, CRD would do something like...

Dame Shirley Bassey: Diamonds are forever
CRD: Diamonds last a long time (falsetto)
Dame Shirley Bassey: They won't leave in the night
CRD: Staying all night
Dame Shirely Bassey: I have no fear that they might desert me
CRD: Desert with one s for sand, Dessert with two s'es so sweet

In honor of CRD, why don't you try to sing along and provide your own fill?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would gladly try out your suggested video activity, but I am at work, and I don't think it would be appropriate. I'm already on eggshells even visiting Internals Plural at work, what with the prominent orange briefs picture.

ALH said...

The briefs are totally below the fold now. Besides, there's nothing shameful about the human body wrapped in orange briefs.