Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wrap It Up!

Sarah, Doug, Tyler, and I had dinner downtown at a frenchypants restaurant on Monday night. I had the lamb stew, helpfully described as a mixture of "lamb, vegetables, and lamb juice." Tyler had lamb sausages, Sarah had mussels & frites, and Doug had chicken pot pie.

I noticed a certain flame-haired Vilnius native at the next table over, and while she looked familiar I didn't realize at first that it was Jeanne-Claude, and her arm candy was non other than her husband Christo.


We let them sit of course and didn't disturb them. Had we wanted to though, our opening comment could have been that just like me, Sarah, and kinda Fernando Lamas, they share the same birthday - June 13th, in their case.

I also could have shown them the pictures I took a few years ago when they wrapped up Central Park in my signature style:



I really was afraid to disturb them though, in case they came over and wrapped up the four of us in our tablecloth.
Only in New York, kids!

1 comment:

ALH said...

Kevin totally operated a boom once for Christo and J.C. (not Jesus Christ). And then J.C. gave him postcards, which I now have. And then they wrapped him in J.C.'s hair.