Friday, May 2, 2008

That Dang International Dateline

Sometimes I'm a Big Time Dummy. While I was talking to Amber last night, I realized that I couldn't possibly be arriving in Australia as I had originally thought - on Sunday morning. I do indeed arrive at 6am, but on Monday. Just in time for my meetings!

Since the only thing I could do to fix this would be to go back in time and leave yesterday, I have to be kinda sanguine about the whole affair. Oh well. God Bless, Australian Coffee. A large flat white for me, please!

Anyway, in a few hours I will begin my counter-clockwise trip and board a flight to Tokyo, then a mere 14 hours after that another flight to Sydney, then 10 hours after that I will be collecting my bags and taking a cab for 45 minutes to my hotel, a quick tooth-brushing, and then the office!

For my flight I have packed several "books," but most importantly I have the new Vanity Fair, which has pictures of Miley Cyrus' cooter if I'm to believe the news reports, a book of NYT Crossword Puzzles (good thing I know the name of Nick & Nora's dog, an evergreen of a clue), a bunch of new albums loaded to my iPod, and programs galore on the laptop.

I'll be doing my best to keep everyone apprised of my travels, but if we're lucky Amber will pry herself away from celebrating Art at the New York Plant Emporium to say a few things here. Arigato, Amber!

And if I'm lucky, the plane won't be attacked upon takeoff by one of those horrible Cloverfield monsters so common in Japan.


Kaibutsu!

1 comment:

ALH said...

I just spit out my coffee when I saw (and remembered) that Cloverfield monster. Luckily, it was on the deck, so I don't have to clean it up.