Thursday, December 11, 2008

Wunder-Garr!

Today we wish a very happy birthday to Miss Teri Garr. I recently had the great pleasure to read her memoir, Speedbumps. According to a really funny interview in the The Onion, she apparently wanted to call it Does This Wheelchair Make Me Look Fat?, which is pretty much the humorous way she talks about her experience having multiple sclerosis, and later a brain aneurysm. To paraphrase my friend Buffy Summers, at least it was a funny aneurysm.

Anyway, she tells stories about being a dancer in Elvis movies, filming one of my faves, One From The Heart, teaching Al Pacino how to drive, Tootsie, and more.

Oh, and Zach liked it too.

Many happy returns, Teri!

6 comments:

ALH said...

Eh. I hate Garr.

CRD said...

You do not! FALSE

Anonymous said...

A higher rate!

Looney tofu ads!

Tinsel Shrimpfax said...

She's one of my all-time favorites, ever ever ever.

She's awesome and I love her.

CRD said...

Think Ever, A Manager?

ALH said...

Whoa. There is some anagram madness here. I have to remember to subscribe to follow up posts.