Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Day!

Now, I took today off, but still managed to wake up before 8 like a dummy. On the plus side, I'm still in jammies and probably will be for most of the day - take that, worker bees!

I was going to spend the day doing all my Christmas shopping, but according to Amber's Weather Forecast that would just be too risky. Instead, I'm going to tidy up my apartment since my friend Tim is coming to stay with me tonight, and he probably wouldn't like stepping on all of Zach's corks on the floor or picking through leftover delivery food boxes in the fridge whilst hunting for orange juice.

While I do this, I'm going to spend some time listening to holiday music.

Now, we all know the best Christmas Song Ever is "Fairytale of New York" by Kirsty MacColl and the Pogues, but it's not the ONLY Christmas song, nor even duet.

Here's a fun one that came out this year by Cyndi Lauper with this Swedish Band, the Hives:


Another great wintertime duet is "Baby It's Cold Outside." There are so many versions, but here's a clip from its debut performance by Esther Williams and Ricardo Montalban in Esther Williams' multi-million dollar aquamusical, Neptune's Daughter.


And finally, here's Miss Grace Jones on Pee Wee Herman's Christmas Special, from 1988. This may be my fave at the moment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good tagging!

Tinsel Shrimpfax said...

This weather is vulgar and I dislike it intensely.

ALH said...

I love that Grace Jones segment to pieces. Why was she being mailed to the White House? What's with that?

I just updated my weather report.