Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Home Safe!

Well, here I am, back in America East.

I made it back across the continent in one piece, a bit ragged and this morning even a bit sniffly, but one piece indeed. The movie on the flight home was Journey To The Center (Centre if you're foreign) of the Earth, which probably is fun to watch on a screen bigger than 10" diagonally.

To snack on I had a Turkey Sandwich from Peet's Coffee, and to read I had Vanity Fair. I spent most of my time half-dozing and listening to music, dreaming of all the tasty meals I had in California.

Sarah and I had a Fancy Feast in Napa at La Toque. We had selections from the four-course prix fixe with wine tastings, which built in a lovely crescendo of flavor and learning experiences, according to our waiter. Mostly, it built in a crescendo of drunkenness, I found.

We really only took pictures during our first course, so here's me munching on Boston Bluefin Tuna Sashima.

And here's Sarah and her Spinach Soup with Maine Lobster. What Local eating we did! Our carbon footprints sure were tasty.

Know what else was tasty? This Vanilla Ice Cream with Olive Oil we had on Sunday for dessert at The Annual Olive Harvest. I sure stayed away from the olives, but I lapped up their oils.
Good times, California.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is that non-Sarah? Is she stealing Sarah's ice cream?

CRD said...

That's Sarah's OTHER friend named Chris.

It's OK because Sarah got her own ice cream.

Also, about an hour before this pic was taken Sarah encouraged me to try olives to make sure my disgust for them wasn't one of those silly childhood aversions. It was not.

Jesse Whittle-Utter said...

We eat shit like that all the time. In California.