Monday, October 13, 2008

Sir Owl, Knight Owl

Sunday nights are the worst. What happens is, you go out with your friends on Saturdays and drink beers and carouse, then on Sundays you sleep in just a little bit too late. No matter what you do the rest of the day: in my case yesterday this included Sweeping, Mopping, watching Meet The Press, some light shopping (2 new CDs, milk), having a chum over for Thai food and Kath & Kim, drinking half a bottle of wine - there's no falling asleep before midnight. Or in my case last night, 3am.



I really did try to sleep. I got into bed around 11, turned off the lights, and all seemed well for about 30 minutes. Yet, I was still wide awake. I'll read a few pages of Robert Wagner's memoirs, I thought. When I last left them, he & Natalie Wood were getting married for the second time.



Well, by the time it was lights out again at 3am, much had happened since that fateful boat ride with Christopher "Chris" Walken, including Hart To Hart, marriage to Jill St. John, and Austin Powers.



So now here I am getting ready for work all bloodshot and drowsy. And in a few hours, I hop on a plane for Canada. Thank God I'm not flying it!

Sweet dreams.

1 comment:

Brian said...

We should have opened another bottle, I was up till 2:59.