Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Cat's Out Of The (Money) Bag


All I ever hear is Economy Economy Economy. Booooring. All I know is I've been pinching my pennies and saving and saving and still can't afford to buy a nice one bedroom in NYC.

Also, I talk a lot about getting a kitty, but mostly it's all talk. Until now!

David recently told me about Ashera Cats, which seem like the best pet in the world. They're a mix between "the African serval," "the Asian Leopard," and "a specific domestic cat." Now, David is a scientist so he knows what he's talking about. My little buddy'll grow to be 25lbs, "resembles a mini-leopard, yet has the temperament and affection of a regular domestic cat."

The best Ashera that money can buy is $125,000, so I'm going to put a downpayment towards that - no coop board to pass! This $125K gets you a Royal Ashera that has been genetically altered so you don't sneeze when it's around. I'm not allergic, but I figure I should get top of the line.
Now, there's some controversy about how these little buddies are fake, and some of them now live at Schiphol Airport, but I think they're just too cute to be phoney. Where's my check book?

It takes 12 months from date of order until receipt of kitty, so I have plenty of time to get my 350 sq ft apartment ready for this little buddy! What fun he'll have sitting with me on the couch watching Bones!

2 comments:

ALH said...

I am ALH and I fully support this decision. I can think of 125,000 reasons to love this cat.

Anonymous said...

I think the lesson here is: who cares if he's a fake if he's your little Friend? I'd love my kitties just as much if I found out they were something other than the Domestic Shorthairs they are.

-anon