Tuesday, October 28, 2008

First We Take Your Birthday

One thing is clear from the past year's worth of posts, I love Birthdays. I wrote about this a little bit back on the 8th, and I meant it.

Today is the birthday of my good friend from school, David. Back in April, I went to see him in Charleston. Next month, he's going to come up to NY for Thanksgiving, and we might just take a little road trip then.

When I first met David back during our freshman year at UC Sunnydale, we both had long hair. Inexplicably, people used to get us confused. I still don't quite understand that, but no matter.

The Signature Style of our friendship is Road Trips. In college, we would pile into his Saturn (hee hee) and drive all over creation, playing Leonard Cohen real loud the whole time.

Once, we went to Graceland. You can see us down below with all our loot, which we then used to decorate our dorm room.

On that same trip we stopped by Tupelo and visited Elvis' birth place. I still have this shirt, and wear it as jammies.


The following year we drove through Pigeon Forge, TN and stopped in Dollywood. One of the best parts was tuning into WDLY Radio once we were in the city limits: "All Dolly, All The Time."

I have to say though, this one here was probably the strangest trip we've ever been on.

Many happy returns, David!

No comments: