Friday, July 2, 2010

Bring It, Music


Know what I like? Good songs.

Know what else I like? When people I like do cover versions of other people's good songs, or even of their own good songs.

Cases in Point:

How do you make the new Kylie Minogue song even better?

You do it up country style:

How does Robyn make her own new song even better?

You do it up slow & sad style.


Also? One of my favorite parts of one of my favorite albums last year? Alicia Keys' "Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart." Is Robyn's acoustic, lyric muffing version better? No, but it's dang good.



Also also? Remember how last summer Kelly Rowland ruled the world with that great song?

Here she is doing an acoustic version of what they're hoping is this summer's smash. It's with Sir David Guetta again.


Who knew Brits could do such a good job with music?

No comments: