Thursday, September 24, 2009

This Week In Hippos!

Now, if you know me at all you know I am dear friends with the Hippo. Hippos are my favorite, along with Sharks and Manatees. And Kitty Cats and Alligators and Shelley Winters.

One of my Signature Styles is Cute Small things in my house. For example, these nesting buddies I received as a gift many years ago. They still greet me each day and make me happy.



When I go on safari in Africa, I always like to see the Hippos, even though they're scary and not for swimming with. Here's a nice snap of some buddies in Botswana.


Recently, Doug sent me a link that he said would either Scare or Scar me. He's both right.



I don't think even Isabella Rossellini could do a better job.

I read this story in the paper recently with interest, but also sadness. I mean, I didn't really need ANOTHER reason to not like Escobar.



And finally, I was very happy to see that my nephew is carrying on the family tradition. Here he is on his Hungry Hungry Hippo ride-on toy.



Thanks Hippos, for all the Awesomeness!

2 comments:

ddb said...

Just_A_Hippo, anyone?

Dave totally asked if Just_A_Rhino was you.

ddb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.