Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Chilis, Macs


All good Chefs must have signature dishes. Julia Child has her Boof BorBigNon, Rachael Ray has EVOO, and I have Chili Mac.


I invented Chili Mac about three years ago, when I went to Gary's cafe and it was on the menu and I liked it. As I was firing this up for a recent Awesome Club, I realized I could em-better the world by sharing my secrets.


First, you need ingredients. I have illustrated them below. In this instance, it's a box of Trader Joe Brand Mac & Cheese, and a can of Trader Joe Brand Veggie Chili. The beauty of Chili Mac is you can use just about ANY brand. DEMOCRACY.

Open both packages and heat up the contents.


When you're ready, mix in the special Cheese powder, along with a little milk. I find Whole Milk works best, because that's what I have in the fridge.


And here's my secret ingredient - PEPPER!

Then, serve.
Then, eat.
And eat!
And then it's gone.
God Bless America.

3 comments:

cephalopodc said...

more cooking demos, please. this was amazing.

TDM said...

you. make. me. laugh.

Jesse Whittle-Utter said...

Your post prompted me to make this tonight. I used the exact same ingredients, except I only had 2% milk in the fridge. I made up for it by adding a shredded cheddar Mexican cheese blend. And I ate it all myself.