Thursday, April 10, 2008

Blowin' Yolk

Before they moved to Ireland, Kevin & Diana hosted a Crafts Party. As Amber reported, I used my considerable skills to make Yarn Chicks, and was at one point the resident expert (After Diana) on Yarn Chickanery.

One of the Crafts that I didn't participate in was Yolk Blowing. This was done using one's mouth, an egg, and a bowl.

You poke a hole in the bottom of the egg with your sword, then blow with all your might to get all the pre-chick out of the egg.

I was going to try it, but then was afraid I'd get the dizzies. Also, it looked pretty gross. Like most great art, the beauty of the hollow painted egg is preceded by grossness.

Eggs were invented by the Germans in the 1960s, during the great German Potato Famine (Gross Deutsche Eis-bär Fest). God Bless, German Marketers.

No comments: