Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Patti LuPone Scares The Living Corky Out Of Me

Last night my friend Terri and I went to the 2008 Nightlife Awards. The winners of the awards (for Jazz, Cabaret, & Comedy) each performed selections from their acts - so for $25 it was like a greatest hits of the past year of NYC nightlife. It was what I call "a good time" and "bang for my buck."

One of the presenters was Dame Charles Busch, who is pretty funny and was one of Amber's Cinema Studies teachers at NYU. He made a reference to Patti LuPone performing "What's New Buenos Aires" on the 1981 Tony Awards. Thanks to my friend the internet, I could find out myself what this super insidery theatre reference meant.



Also thanks to my friend the internet, I'll sleep with the lights on for a while now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is an ape.

That is a compliment.

Ask Amber.