Thursday, January 24, 2008

Miss Shelley Winters

Whew. I sure am glad that Amber is back, because I was getting pretty wiped out. All this blogging, plus a day job!

I was saddened to remember that Miss Shelley Winters went up to Heaven two years ago this week. It was a sad day, indeed. I was reminded of this because her old nemesis Ernest Borgnine, is celebrating his 91st birthday today. Shelley should be so lucky.

If in fact one does cross the River Jordan on one's way to the afterlife, I'm sure Shelley made that crossing the best of anyone. No one has ever died as beautifully, and as wetly, as Miss Shelley Winters in so many of her films. In the water she's a very skinny lady.

After she got up there in years, her main job was to go on the Carson show and be a goof. One of my favorite thing to do at the "Museum" of Television & Radio is to watch old appearances of hers. Here she is having fun with Miss Annie Potts.



Rest in Peace Shelley.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm too sad to comment on this post.