Monday, October 26, 2009

Zach vs. Zach

So this weekend was very exciting, because My Two Zachs finally got to meet.

My Sister brought Baby Zach over on Sunday for belated birthday wishes. Zach and I had been discussing how to behave around babies all week, so we thought we were ready.

What we weren't anticipating was Baby Zach's delight in seeing what he thought was a real live cutie stuffed animal, moving around and wagging his tale.

Sister and Brother-in-Law attempted to demonstrate how to softly pet Zach on his noggin,

But Baby's tiny paws mostly petted a little too hard.

A good hour or so of scampering ensued - Baby Zach would crawl after Zach on the floor at what seemed like lightning speed for such a little fella, Zach would eventually hop onto a window sill or the bed or me or another high up object. Baby would get distracted, then Zach would come pop up again, curiosity having gotten the better of him during his few minutes' reprieve. Repeat.

We finally had some fun together when I busted out Hopsy, a wind-up pooch I got in my Christmas stocking one year.

Both boys were captivated -

Suddenly they were intellectual peers, mystified by this little third party.

Here's a short video capturing the Hopsy Saga:



But, you know, a few minutes later and Baby would go in for the not-so-soft-kitty-petting.


At last, detente was reached. Baby Zach played with Alligator on my bed, and Zach perched in the window, safe and sound.

By the time everyone left, all Zach could really do was conk out. I think he slept for about eight solid hours. Good job, little buddy!

1 comment:

ALH said...

This is so cute it makes my head hurt.