Wednesday, October 21, 2009

! Una Burrito Misterioso!

Imagine my surprise tonight, upon leaving my Total Body Conditioning Class (a total surprise in and of itself), to discover that my Chelsea Burritoville had reopened just one door down from where it had recently shuttered.

Now, some may recall that my Hell's Kitchen Burritoville closed just about a year ago, suddenly, and sadden-ingly. I dunno if that one reopened too, it's too far away to check.


My experience at New Burritoville was OK, not great. The folks behind the counter were pleasant, but the menu was different. No more Lost In Austin Burrito or Hole Moly Burrito, but they did still have the old movie posters on the walls. The chips and salsa were still free, but they were behind the counter and handed out by my server.

Still, it was a nice reward after a tough 45 minute work out, plus all my stairs. I don't know, New Burritoville. Who are you? Are you the same people that closed it suddenly? Are you really, as wikipedia tells me, co-owned by Blimpie? What if I had my order To Stay, could I get more chips?

I'll try you again, and reserve judgment. Ole!

No comments: