Monday, October 5, 2009

Special Kevin Awesome Day

Happy October 5th!

What makes today special, other than such fun Historical Items as what the Times tells us?

On October 5, 1947, in the first televised White House address, President Truman asked Americans to refrain from eating meat on Tuesdays and poultry on Thursdays to help stockpile grain for starving people in Europe.


It's Kevin's Birthday! I am more excited about Kevin being born all those years ago today than I am about the fact that I can eat meat on Tuesdays and poultry on Thursdays.

One of Kevin's Signature Styles is Books, and therefore Reading. I thought a fun way to celebrate him would be to publish this photo essay (with a lot of assistance from James' archives)



Speaking of James, here's Kevin & Diana reading at his wedding.


Here's Kevin reading what appears to be a Fortune Cookie, or perhaps the bill.

Here he is reading a WW2 DVD my dad bought him at Costco. When we purchased it, I predicted he would make this EXACT pose. I was really proud of myself for my predictive powers.
Another bill reading pose. He seems to read the bill a lot.

Here's one of my favorites, also captured by James. Here Kevin and I are doing one of the fun activities you can do at his house - Research. It's funny to do this with "books;" I guess this is how they did it in the old days before smart phones and Google made us all stoopid.



My favorite part is that Kevin took time out from Research to help me with something. It's kind of hard to tell what he's doing, but it looks helpful, right?


Thanks Kevin, for all the Friendship. And Happy Birthday!


2 comments:

Kevin said...

What a swell birthday tribute! And I have some helpful information to boot!

In photo #2 I am in fact reading the marking on a fork -- not a fortune cookie or a bill.

In photo #4 I am indeed reading a bill! It was a nice restaurant in D.C., where we were all visiting ALH, no?

In photo #6, YOU are helping ME, not vice versa! It's like the Gift of the Magi. Helpfulness! I think the help involved cufflinks.

Thanks again!

ALH said...

I don't think CRD, Kevin, James (who took the photo) and I were ever in DC at the same time. It looks like West La Palapa to me? Brick walls? I am too old to remember.