Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Dukes Of Broadway County

What a surprise the other morning when I gazed out my window and saw that the Dukes of Hazzard had backed the General Lee into my parking lot.


Whatever for, I thought? But then on my walk to work I saw that Tom Wopat had joined the cast of the new Harvey Fierstein musical A Catered Affair, and that John Schneider was the latest addition to Chicago.

Wopat of course, starred in the Bernadette Peters version of Annie Oakley, and Mr. Schneider made his Broadway debut years ago in the John Barrymore role in Grand Hotel, The Musical!

If I were a publicist, I'd sure be making hay of the fact that both Dukes are trodding the boards simultaneously. I mean, what other 80's TV stars can boast this? What other ones should?

Personally, I'm voting for either Amanda King & Lee Scarecrow to star in a revival of Nick & Nora, or Kate McArdle & Allie Lowell to dazzle us in Grey Gardens. Anything you want to see?

3 comments:

ALH said...

One thing I DON'T want to see: that crappy MYRA film we watched on Saturday.

Rayo Casablanca said...

I had no where else to park my ride and thought you'd get a kick out of my new wheels. I DO jump through the window too.

Unknown said...

you have a parking lot?!?