Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Bendel Bonnet, A Shakespeare Sonnet

As we can all remember, I have the maturity level of a 12 year old. That's fine, I have no shame.

Whenever I'm see a sign advertising a certain thing that may be also be representative of a different certain thing, I take a picture of it.

To wit:

This is the only good thing about the JC Penney on 34th Street, which refuses to carry Size Small undershirts (some of us have small torsos!)

"Oh yeah, whatever, okey doke, I'm a bottom..."

The best part is that Evan took a pic of this too.

While this was NOT the best part of last year's trip to Charleston, it was fun spotting this with David while Elena tried on American dungarees:

I loved the juxtaposition of these two at the T.J. Maxx on the Cape, where Sarah taught me how you can complain about a scratch on sunglasses and get 10% knocked off the price.




Know what? It's not just clothing stores:


My favorite ever is probably this one I took in Sarah's office building. NEVER lock a bottom.




Anyway, on Sunday I got the Holy Grail at the Folsom Street East festival a few blocks away.



Yep, that's right - Tops And Bottoms Wanted Gum. God Bless, America.

No comments: