Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Small, Yet Creepy Wonder

Dudes. Remember this?

Amazon kindly alerted me to its upcoming availability.
I'm not sure if I should be excited or terrified.

A Canadian friend of mine admitted she had never heard of this program. WTF, Foreigner?

Whenever I meet a stutterer, I flash back to the episode where Vicki The [Freakishly Strong] Robot cured that little girl of her stuttering by administering an electric shock each time she couldn't get a word out. I think I mention this memory to my friend Shelley, a speech therapist, every time I see her. She swears this is not condoned by her profession.


I learned through the internet that other than guest spots on other late 80s sitcoms, it doesn't seem like the cast went on to much after the show. The little boy though did star in something called Policewoman Centerfold, for whatever that's worth.

Maybe this year for Halloween I can go as Vicki The Robot:


I dunno. I don't think I'll be rushing out to get this, but I may watch an episode or two from Netflix, with my hands over my eyes, just in case.


Here's the opening credits, in all their creepiness:




And here? Here's a collection some smart buddy put together of the 'gayest' moments from the program. It's a bit silly, but well done, and a nice review of all the characters at least.

Anyway, I'm gonna sleep with the lights on tonight.

No comments: