Thursday, September 22, 2011

Publics Speaking

Yeesh. So I had to speak on a panel on Monday at an industry thing.


It was a pretty small crowd to be honest, and basically on the topic of my job, which I should be well versed in after all these years, but still. When it was my turn my heart started RACING, I blanked, and just looked at my notes and started talking. At several points I realized I was speaking faster than Joe Izuzu and slowed myself down. I felt my face reddening. I remember at one point using the word "paradigm." And then, a few minutes later, I was done.

I speak all the time to groups, I do presentations on a regular basis. What was wrong with me on Monday?

A few people said I did well. Maybe I did, I have no way of knowing. All I know for sure is, it's over.

Also all I know for sure? I fell a little short of my Public Speaking Role Model:



God Bless, Dixie Carter. That was indeed the night the lights went out in Georgia.

No comments: