Friday, February 1, 2008

Groundhog Day!

This weekend, Punxsutawney Phil will pop out of his hole in the ground and let us know if we will have an early spring or six more weeks of winter. I am probably more excited about learning this than I am about learning the Democratic Presidential Candidate. At least with Spring vs. Winter, I know exactly where I stand and won't change my mind ever.

I learned from the Internet that The Groundhog is a member of the Marmot Family, and is not an ape, and that Phil is not the only famous one. Here's a short list of my other faves:

* General Beauregard Lee, PhD found in Atlanta, Georgia
* Balzac Billy of Balzac, Alberta
* Shubenacadie Sam of Shubenacadie, Nova Scotia
* Spanish Joe of Spanish, Ontario
* Sir Walter Wally of Raleigh, North Carolina
* Pardon Me Pete of Tampa, Florida

Here's me with Monterey Monty, of Monterey, CA. Here's hoping for Early Spring!

3 comments:

ALH said...

This is such a well-researched and educational post. I never knew so many famous groundhogs.

ALH said...

That is one hairy beaver.

Anonymous said...

Oh noes, it was Groundhog day and I totally forgot to call my Mom!