Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Last Exit to Burritoville

So last night Amber came over and we thought we'd try something new - takeout food and a program. We huffed and we puffed over to 44th & 9th to our old favorite, Burritoville, only to find the gates locked up tighter than a tick in a teacup.

(scene recreated with actors)

It turns out the whole dang chain closed down! I dare you to try to type www.burritoville.com - it just takes you straight to Google homepage. And the old grey lady even did a piece on it, so it must be true.

I sure am going to miss my Holy Moley Burrito, the free tasty chips, the water cups that were not for salsa, and the funny named soda pops.

RIP Burritoville, RIP.

[in the end Amber and I went across the street for my first visit to Chipotle, which turned out to be not so bad]

2 comments:

ALH said...

I will miss the Lost in Austin and the free chips. And the Mexican movie posters. And the fact that they take credit cards.

Jesse Whittle-Utter said...

A direct assault on the life we made together in New York.

At least there's Chipotle (pronounced chi-poh-tuhl).