Thursday, October 16, 2008

Birthday, She Wrote

It sure is good to be back from Canada. God Bless America! I have big thanks in my heart for Amber for keeping things fresh around here.



And now, back to business. Today we wish Miss Angela Lansbury a very happy birthday. I think I first knew her from Bedknobs & Broomsticks, and then from 1987 through 2006 she had the #1 Drama on television, in which she played an old busybody in Maine with 200 nieces and nephews scattered around the globe, whose friends & acquaintances always seemed to get murdered.

Nowadays, I think I like her best as the cockney maid in Gaslight, or the devious mother of them all in Manchurian Candidate.

Meantime, here she is with her bosom buddy Bea Arthur singing about friendship. It's kind of how I feel about Amber, guest-blogger and buddy extraordinaire.